Based in Stockholm County, Sweden
July 1, 2013
Press / Business contact:
Cosmic Picnic makes games for carbon based humanoids that enjoy exploring other worlds.
This space enthusiast spent 7 years as a programmer at DICE making Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. He also made a brief appearance at Ghost Games’s Need for Speed: Rivals before leaving AAA game development in 2013 to start Cosmic Picnic to make Amazing Discoveries In Outer Space. Now he spends most his time occupied with design and coding.Filip Karlsson
Our rendering programmer extraordinaire and console expert. In 2014, after 9 years at DICE and Ghost Games, he left his position as Technical Director, at Ghost Games, to found his own software company. He is currently 100% devoted to making ADIOS the most multi-threaded, solid 60 fps, space exploration game on the market. Titles worked on: Battlefield 2142,Battlefield; Bad Company, Mirrors Edge,Battlefield: Bad Company 2,Battlefield 3 and Need for Speed: RivalsJohn Holmvall
When he’s not doing space artwork for ADIOS he draws fairy tale comics, with trolls, gnomes and fairies. He started worked with computer games already at an early age and created the platformer 'Sqrxz' together with Marcus Westerlund way back in 1994, a game which later got kind of a cult following with fan made sequels that have been ported to more platforms that any human being can keep track of.Joakim Kanon
Joakim is a web developer by day and musician by night. He seems to be able to martial-arts-chop any instrument that he gets his hands on into obedience. Rumors say that he even plays the saxophone.
Release Trailer YouTube
Launch Trailer YouTube
Gameplay I YouTube
Gameplay II YouTube
A Cautious Tale of Alien Trickery YouTube
There are far more images available for Cosmic Picnic, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "It’s an inventive game that skillfully captures the perils and intrigue of space exploration, wrapping it up in an endlessly replayable package."
- Thomas Ella, Hardcore Gamer
- "Gabe, wake up. Wake up!"
- Mike Krahulik, Penny Arcade
- "The aesthetic is across-the-board beautiful, the designs are unique and intelligent, and the gameplay is remarkably enjoyable."
- Logan Schultz, BagoGames
- "Former Battlefield devs go indie, bring peace to space with a hybrid platformer"
- Dale North, VentureBeat
- "Cosmic Picnic is the next step for these former Battlefield devs"
- Alex Wawro, Gamasutra.com
- "Upstart Swedish studio's first game will be Amazing Discoveries in Outer Space for PS4"
- Brendan Sinclair, gamesindustry.biz
- "Former DICE devs open new studio Cosmic Picnic"
- Craig Chapple, Develop
Team & Repeating Collaborator